Beetroot Halwa is the tastier cousin of Carrot Halwa /Gajar ka halwa. It is obvious because beets are sweeter than carrots and that means, you add less sugar! Isn't that healthier?
I made a quick dessert in about 15 minutes and the best part is that I didn't really have to sit (or stand) and keep stirring it. That's the microwave magic! Most part of it gets done when you're busy doing something else!
Take the following -
- Beetroot - 1 (medium size)
- Milk - 180 ml
- Condensed milk - a little more than 1/3 can (A regular can is about 400 ml, so use 150 ml) => Low-fat is good too!
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cashews - 8 nos.
- Sugar - 6 tsp (Reduce 1 or 2 tsp if you desire lesser sweetness)
5 Quick steps -
3. Stir, then add sugar and microwave for 3 minutes. Let sit for a minute.
4. Stir, add condensed milk and MW on High again for 4 minutes.
The mixture should now be cooked very well yet it will be a little runny.
C'mon lick it off, straight away! :-) This pic explains how good the halwa tasted!
|Beetroot Halwa - Quick n Easy!|
These quantities serve 2 to 3 people. Store in the fridge for a day or two (if there is any!).